Samuel P. Daniel, Tulsa Family Lawyer
Samuel P. Daniel has represented clients in a broad range of civil and business litigation through his more than 50 years of working as a family lawyer. As a Tulsa family lawyer, he handles issues involving child custody, divorce, guardianship, complex property division valuation, and other areas of Family Law. After graduating with a J.D. from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1959, Daniel was accepted to the Oklahoma Bar Association and admitted to the United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma. Eight years later, he was admitted to the United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. He has taught pre-trial procedure while serving as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Tulsa College of Law, and he is also a frequent writer and seminar lecturer on the subjects of trial techniques and Family Law.
Daniel was one of the several co-counsel for the plaintiff/appellee in the three-month trial in Cities Service Co. v. Gulf Oil Corp., in which a judgment by the trial court for the plaintiff/appellee in the amount of $742,306,906 was affirmed by the Oklahoma Supreme Court in a decision reported in 1999 OK 14, 980 P.2d 116. This is reportedly the largest money judgment ever awarded in Oklahoma.
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 1981
- Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 1984
- Oklahoma Fellow of the American Bar Foundation since 1999
- Tulsa County Bar Foundation Trustee from 1987 to 1989
- Tulsa County Bar Association President from 1986 to 1987 and Secretary & Treasurer
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in business litigation and Family Law since 1983
- Recognized as the Best Family Law Attorney in the City of Tulsa for 2009
- Named Master Emeritus of Chapter XXXII of the American Inns of Court in Tulsa
- Listed in Super Lawyers from 2008 to 2015
- Selected as one of the Top 50 Attorneys for the State of Oklahoma by Super Lawyers between 2013 and 2014
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Commercial Litigation and Family Law between 1983 and 2016