David W. Echols, Oklahoma City Family Lawyer
David W. Echols and his firm, Echols & Associates, are well known for representing individuals with contested and complex issues in family law cases. As an Oklahoma City family lawyer, he has 39 years of experience in all areas of family law, including divorce, separate maintenance, child custody, support alimony, stepparent and contested adoptions, mediation, and appellate practice.
Prior to starting his law practice, David received his Juris Doctorate from Oklahoma City University, with high honors. He also received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Oklahoma, with distinction. He was recently inducted into Worldwide Registry and also maintains affiliations with the American Bar Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, Cleveland County Bar Association, Oklahoma County Bar Association, and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. David currently is an Adjunct Law Professor at Oklahoma City University School of Law where he teaches family law, and he also teaches a course on family law and public policy at the University of Central Oklahoma. He frequently teaches and lectures on the topic of family law to Oklahoma lawyers.
- American Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Chairman, 1994 and Budget Officer, 1991-1992 and 2007-2008, Family Law Section)
- Cleveland County Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association (Member, Board of Directors, 1995-1998)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- AV rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years
- Named to the AV Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys