David A. Tracy, Tulsa Family Lawyer
David A. Tracy has practiced family law in Northeast Oklahoma for more than 30 years. As the managing attorney for the Tulsa Family Law Center, PLLC and an AAML-trained family arbitrator and mediator, Tracy helps clients find solutions to their Family Law issues through litigation, arbitration, mediation, collaboration, and traditional negotiation. Tracy graduated from the University of Tulsa School of Law in 1983.
Tracy is listed in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers In America for Oklahoma Family Law.
In addition to his work as a family lawyer, Tracy teaches fellow professionals and law students on Family Law matters. He has done more than 60 presentations on topics ranging from premarital agreements to post-decree enforcement issues. He is the author of “Long-Arm Jurisdiction in Oklahoma Divorce Actions,” published in the Oklahoma Bar Journal in 1996, and “Collaborative Law – Beyond Winning,” published in the Tulsa Lawyer in 2004.
Tracy enjoys jogging, cycling, writing the Tulsa Family Law Blog, and singing baritone in the Tulsa Oratorio Chorus.
- Served in leadership roles for the Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section, Tulsa County Bar Association Family Law Section, and the Oklahoma Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Serves on the Board of Editors for the Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section Practice Manual
- Volunteer attorney for Tulsa Lawyers for Children, representing children in juvenile court
- Became an AAML Fellow in 2012
Published Appellate Decisions:
Meason v. Meason, 1985 OK CIV APP 34, 717 P.2d 1165
Matter of Estate of Pope, 1986 OK 72, 733 P.2d 396
Holley v. Shepard, 1987 OK 92, 744 P.2d 945
Rice v. Rice, 1988 OK 83, 762 P.2d 925
Kleier Advertising, Inc. v. Premier Pontiac, Inc., 921 F.2d 1036 (C.A.10th Cir. 1990)
Sien v. Sien, 1994 OK CIV APP 159, 889 P.2d 1268
Lykins v. Saint Francis Hospital, Inc., 1995 OK 135, 917 P.2d 1
In re Innis, 181 B.R. 548 (Bankr. N.D. Okla., 1995)
Bond v. Bond, 1996 OK CIV APP 3, 916 P.2d 272
Turner v. B Sew Inn, 2000 OK 97, 18 P.3d 1070
Bourke v. Western Business Products, Inc., 2005 OK CIV APP 48, 120 P.3d 876
Bartlett v. Bartlett, 2006 OK CIV APP 112, 144 P.3d 173