Christopher D. Szlichta, Stillwater Family Lawyer
Christopher D. Szlichta is a Stillwater Family Lawyer who represents his clients through litigation and mediation. After receiving his J.D. from Oklahoma State University in 1975, Szlichta was admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, and U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma. He went through mediation training at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University. He has also gone on to provide numerous Family Law presentations at Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma City universities.
- Payne County Bar Association President, Vice-President and Secretary-Treasurer, President Law Library Board Trustees, Law Day Committee Chairman; Noble, Logan, Pawnee, and Pawnee Nation Bar Associations
- Former Assistant District Attorney for Payne and Logan Counties
- Oklahoma Bar Association Legal Intern Committee, Law Day Committee, and Family Law Section, founder and Chairman 1984, 1985, and 1987
- Commission on Contempt Guidelines, Oklahoma Supreme Court
- Chairman, Oklahoma Board of Governors Special Committee on Child Support Guidelines American Bar Association Family Law Section and Ethics Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation Fellow, and AAML Fellow, Chapter founder and President 1986, 1987, 2006, Secretary 2015, and Board of Governors, 1987-1989
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America Community Organizations Former President, Stillwater Board of Education
- Founder and former President, Stillwater Public Education Foundation
- Former President, Sangre Ridge PTA
- Former President, Stillwater Domestic Violence Services
- Founder and former President, Payne County Family Practice, Inc.
- Former President, Payne County Youth Services
- Founder and former President York Youth Shelter, Inc.
- Payne County Misdemeanor Program
- 1987 Outstanding Oklahoma Family Lawyer
- Bar Register of Preeminent AV Lawyers for 30 Years, Martindale-Hubbell
- Oklahoma Magazine’s Top Attorneys in Oklahoma
- Best Lawyers in America
- 2014 Pro Bono Contribution, Legal Aid of Western Oklahoma