Catherine Holland Petersen, Norman Family Lawyer
Practicing Family Law since 1976, Catherine (Kit) Holland Petersen is a partner at Petersen, Henson, Meadows, Pecore & Peot, P.C. – a firm that restricts its practice to domestic relations, including Family Law, adoption, and mediation. Ms. Petersen has been a certified mediator for more than 25 years and now limits her practice to Family Law mediation. Petersen has authored articles for The Advocate, published by the American Bar Association, Fairshare, The Oklahoma Bar Journal, and The Oklahoma Family Law Journal. She frequently lectures throughout the country, presenting continuing legal education focused on Family Law issues. Since 1995, she has served on the faculty of the American Bar Association Family Law Section’s Trial Advocacy Institute, a joint program with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, which takes place in Colorado each year.
Aside from her work as a Norman Family Lawyer, Petersen also sells homemade, natural jelly from her rural home in Cleveland County when she is not spending time with her grandchildren.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Served on the AAML Board of Governors as well as in the capacity of President of the Oklahoma Chapter
- Member and past chair of the Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section
- Served on several national uniform law committees which draft nationwide legislation in Family Law. She chaired the original committee that drafted the Oklahoma Child Support Guidelines
- Part of the faculty of the American Bar Association Family Law Section’s Trial Advocacy Institute
- Named Outstanding Family Law Attorney in Oklahoma in 1988 and has made the list of the Best Lawyers in America every year since 1995, as published by Woodward/White, Inc.
- Listed as a Preeminent Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named Oklahoma Super Lawyer and in the Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law, and Who’s Who in American Women
- Firm of Petersen, Henson, Meadows, Pecore & Peot, P.C. has been named a Tier One law firm by US News and World Report
- Named 2015 Mediator of the Year by the Family Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association